Cobit® 5 Assessor Training
This 3 day course leads to the COBIT® 5 Assessor exam. This is a free-standing qualification, but is part of the COBIT 5 qualification scheme. The COBIT 5 Assessor course provides a basis for assessing an enterprise’s process capabilities against the COBIT 5 Process Assessment Model (PAM). Evidence-based to enable a reliable, consistent and repeatable way to assess IT process capabilities, this model helps IT leaders gain C-level and board member buy-in for change and improvement initiatives.
Assessment results provide a determination of process capability. They can be used for process improvement, delivering value to the business, measuring the achievement of current or projected business goals, benchmarking, consistent reporting and organizational compliance.
Cobit Course content:
COBIT 5 is the only business framework for the governance and management of enterprise IT. Launched in April 2012, COBIT 5 helps maximize the value of information by incorporating the latest thinking in enterprise governance and management techniques, and provides globally accepted principles, practices, analytical tools and models to help increase the trust in, and value from, information systems.
This course is designed as an advanced assessor guide to COBIT 5 and enables you to understand how an integrated business framework for the governance and management of enterprise IT can be utilized to achieve IT business integration, cost reductions and increased productivity. The syllabus areas that this course is designed to cover are:
- How to perform a process capability assessment using the COBIT 5 Assessor Guide
- How to apply the Process Assessment Model (The PAM) in performing a process capability assessment
- Specifically: To use the Process Reference Model, in particular to be able to use the 37 processes outlined in the PRM; To apply and analyze the measurement model in assessing process capability levels; and, To apply and analyze the capability dimension using generic criteria outlined in the PAM
- How to identify and assess the roles and responsibilities in the process capability assessment process
- How to perform and assess the 7 steps outlined in the Assessor Guide
- Specifically: Initiate a process assessment; Scope an assessment, using the tools provided and the PAM for the selection of the appropriate processes; Plan and brief the teams; Collect and validate the data; Do a process attribute rating; and, Report the findings of the assessment
- How to use the self-assessment guide
Who should attend COBIT ASSESSOR TRAINING:
Candidates wishing to attend this course must have attained the COBIT 5 Foundation course prior to attending the course. The COBIT 5 Assessor course would suit candidates working in the following IT professions or areas:
- Internal and external auditors
- IT Auditors and consultant
- IT Managers
- IT Quality professionals
- IT Leaders
- Process practitioners
- Managers in IT service providing firms
Why COBIT 5
COBIT 5 is ISACA’s latest business framework for the governance, management and operation of IT across any enterprise. This course prepares delegates for the COBIT 5 Foundation exam that is taken at the end of the course. With an understanding of the COBIT 5 Framework, delegates will be able to identify and apply the COBIT 5 components in their business operations and IT activities. This course is recommended for IT professionals working in IT governance, management, operations, enterprise architecture, information security, compliance, assurance and audit. The COBIT 5 principles and enablers are generic and useful for enterprises of all sizes, whether commercial, not-for-profit or in the public sector.
Setting a new standard
Working in partnership with Syzygal, IBEX is a provider of professional development education, e-learning and consulting solutions. The foundation of our partnership model is specialization in the areas of IT Service Management, Enterprise Governance, Project Management and IT Security Management. Our focus is on supporting and promoting world-renowned, industry recognized frameworks and standards. In doing so we help our clients develop world-class, business centric IT Services and business change environments. With a global reach we can provide your organization with innovative solutions to help navigate your business to tangible and measurable improvements through direct consultancy engagements or training and education services.